TwinTeC-Schar – The effective double disc coulter
Clean and precise seed placement: When equipped with the highly-efficient TwinTeC coulter, AMAZONE offers a precise and robust double disc coulter for this harrow-mounted seed drill. The new double disc system is in addition to the proven RoTeC pro single disc coulter.
The TwinTeC coulter system ensures a clean seed placement. With a coulter pressure of up to 60 kg/coulter, the coulter travels very smoothly through the soil and precisely places the seed at the optimum depth.
Proven and reliable: And thanks to the way that the coulters are mounted onto the contour-following coulter rail, central adjustment of the coulter pressure is possible. Since the sowing depth is maintained by means of the depth guidance rollers, the sowing depth of all the coulters can be adjusted centrally from 0 to 6 cm independently of the coulter pressure. Row spacings of 12.5 cm and 15 cm can be chosen.
The TwinTeC double disc coulter is completely maintenance-free and thus fulfils highest demands.
Inside view of the maintenance-free TwinTeC double disc coulter
1. Adjustable harrow: The angle of attack is adjusted according to the level of straw residue.
2. Perfect parallelogram with the top link for central adjustment of the sowing depth from 0 to 6 cm.
3. Centralised, 100 % independent adjustment of the placement depth and coulter pressure.
4. TwinTeC mounted on rubber elements for shock absorption and central adaptation of the coulter pressure from 0 to 60 kg.
5. Protective steel front plate.
6. Spacer discs for adjustment to compensate for disc wear.
7. Fastening of the discs in 5 locations with recessed Torx screws. No wear on the fixing discs.
8. Maintenance-free bearings. No lubrication points on maintenance-free coulter.
9. Double disc ∅ 340 mm, angle of 10°, row spacing 12.5 and 15 cm.
10. Internal scraper – optionally in a HD variant.
11. Depth control rollers/press rollers: 50 or 65 mm wide (optional scrapers).